Teachers: Create and Share Your Classroom Museum Experience
Each entry will be eligible for a drawing for $100 gift certificates for Colonial Williamsburg and Mount Vernon shops
We hope to continue the conversations started with “A Tapestry of Perspectives” by hearing from you and your students. What does the theme “A Tapestry of Perspectives” mean to you?
After participating in Virtual Colonial Days, use your expertise to guide your students in creating a Classroom Museum Experience. Visit the Colonial Williamsburg Teacher Resource Library to learn how to create a Classroom Museum Experience. You can also watch this video for helpful ideas.
As a result of the webinars, students will be able to:
- Listen to and analyze an historical interpreter’s perspective to gain knowledge about the daily life of a person of the past;
- Make observations of Colonial artifacts;
- Make inferences about people of the past and how they used artifacts;
- Analyze the basic steps used to develop a museum exhibit;
- Select a subject, theme, and storyline and create their own virtual exhibit.
In a video of three minutes or less, share with us any culminating lessons, activities, or projects incorporated in your classroom museum experience, which show how you enriched your curriculum and the lives of your students after participating in our Virtual Colonial Days.
All entries to the Oklahoma Foundation for Excellence will be entered into a drawing to win $100 gift certificates to Colonial Williamsburg or Mount Vernon shops.
- Each entry must be inspired by the theme and showcase your students’ original work
- Entry must include a title and artist statement. The artist statement communicates what inspired the work, how it relates to the theme, and the content of the work. The statement must include at least 10 words and not exceed 100 words.
SELECTION AND NOTIFICATION:
- All entries will be put in a drawing, and two teacher winners will be randomly drawn by the Oklahoma Foundation for Excellence. Winners will be announced by Friday, April 9.
- By submitting your entry, you consent for the Oklahoma Foundation for Excellence to share your video online and with Colonial Day sponsors for promotional purposes.
Contest Deadline: 5 p.m. March 31. Winners will be notified by Friday, April 9.