Oklahoma Foundation for Excellence Communication Specialist
(Full-Time, 40 Hours per Week)
LOCATION: Oklahoma City
ABOUT US: The Oklahoma Foundation for Excellence, a statewide education nonprofit, was formed 36 years ago, with the mission of recognizing and encouraging academic excellence in Oklahoma’s public schools. It is supported by private contributions and led by a 160-member board of trustees composed of leaders in business, education, and public service across Oklahoma.
The Oklahoma Foundation for Excellence (OFE) is seeking to hire a communication
specialist to promote OFE’s mission and programs through a mix of online and offline
means. The communications specialist will work to advance the following goals:
- Building a community of donors and members who support the mission of the OFE;
- Increasing positive awareness of the OFE
- Building support for OFE’s mission and programs;
- Nurturing and supporting a favorable climate in the State of Oklahoma for the teaching profession and for the attainment of excellence by students.
The communications specialist will report to the OFE’s Executive Director and be
responsible for a mix of the functions outlined below:
- Write, edit, and develop engaging content for print and online;
- Promote OFE programming through email, social media and in–person events/networking;
- Collaborate with OFE staff to develop and launch relevant messaging, program opportunities, and fundraising appeals;
- Design and produce marketing/promotional materials;
- Design and distribute print and electronic newsletters;
- Assist staff with the development of presentations for meetings and public outreach events;
- Assist with event coordination;
- Take photos at OFE events and programs.
Outstanding candidates will share a commitment to OFE’s mission and will bring the following experience and attributes:
- Bachelor’s degree and at least 3-5 years related work experience or equivalent;
- Proficiency with Adobe design products like Photoshop and InDesign;
- Experience working with website content management systems like WordPress.
- Familiarity with CRM databases such as DonorPerfect;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and G Suite (Google Apps);
- Experience using social media as an outreach tool;
- Ability to clearly and professionally communicate verbally and in writing and has strong interpersonal skills;
- Demonstrated communications and storytelling skills, both written and oral, including the ability to write, edit and proof written materials;
- Ability to organize, coordinate and manage diverse activities and deadlines;
- Experience with public schools, nonprofit administration, board development and fundraising are a plus;
- Experience with photography/videography a plus;
- Demonstrated knowledge of basic HTML is a plus.
SALARY AND BENEFITS: Full-time salary commensurate with experience. Health, dental and retirement benefits. Paid holidays and vacation.
Please email resume and cover letter by Friday, September 15, to Elizabeth Inbody, executive director of the Oklahoma Foundation for Excellence, firstname.lastname@example.org.